DE-NAT Natural Non-Toxic Barrier 10Kg
: Plant Substrates
DE-NAT utilises natural earth minerals (silica compounds) to improve substrate quality.
Diatomaceous Earth (DE) creates an effective barrier at the top of the substrate. DE-NAT is comprised of specially sized DE particles.
DE-NAT is made from ancient fossilised remains of a unique sea-kelp. This naturally refined compound provides many benefits for your garden. Not only for protecting plant roots, DE-NAT provides a natural source of silica and increases substrate aeration, while reducing compaction.
DE-NAT also improves nutrient uptake and microbial activity, whilst acting as a thermal barrier against fluctuations in substrate temperature.
How to Apply:
- Add a layer of DE-NAT on top of the substrate, approximately 1-2cm depth
- Make sure all growing media (substrate) is fully covered at all times
- Re-apply during the growing cycle to keep this physical barrier intact
- Irrigate with care to avoid disturbing the protective layer of DE-NAT
Secondary usage: Mix with coco or peat substrate as a natural,
improved alternative to perlite.
- Do not directly inhale any fine dust from product
- If dust is present always wear appropriate face mask and eye protection
- Keep away from children
Also available in a 220g Shaker